- What are the benefits of reading e-books?
- Do I need special equipment to read e-books?
- Which format should I choose?
- How do I access my e-books?
- I can’t download directly to my e-reader from you guys. If I download my e-book to my PC, how do I get it to my Kindle, Nook or other e-reader?
- Why can't I access all of the e-books in my account from my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?
- Can I print and copy my e-books?
- I'm an Author or Publisher, how can I make my book available on TLAGay.com?
- How do I get help if I get a problem?
What are the benefits of reading e-books?Back To Top
Do I need special equipment to read e-books?
All you need is your PC, laptop, tablet computer, iPad or, of course, an e-reader (Kindle, Nook etc). We offer e-books in three formats: Mobi, ePub and PDF.
If you're planning on reading e-books directly on your computer, you might need to download an e-reader software application. We highly recommend Adobe Digital Editions as it's safe and easy to use, runs on most platforms, supports both PDF and ePub formats.
Which format should I choose?Back To Top
This depends on your Operating System and if you would like to read your e-books on your PC or on a hand held device. Here is a table to help select the correct e-book format for purchase.
|Adobe Digital Editions||No||Yes||Yes|
|Aluratek Libre Pro||No||Yes||Yes|
|Amazon Kindle||Yes||Yes (Version 2.3+)||No|
|Bebook by Endless Ideas||Yes||No||Yes|
|Cybook Gen 3||Yes||No||Yes|
|Digital Reader 1000||Yes||No||No|
|EZ Reader by Astak||Yes||No||No|
|Hanlin by Jinke||Yes||No||No|
|iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using iBooks||No||No||Yes|
|Linux OS (May require additional software)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mac OS (May require additional software)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Palm OS PDAs||Yes||No||No|
|Sony Reader 300 Series||No||Yes||Yes|
|Sony Reader 900 Series||No||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Mobile OS PDAs||Yes||No||No|
|Windows OS/PocketPC (May require additional software)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
How do I access my e-books?
When you log into your TLA Account, click on the link that says My Account . Here you will click on the tab that says VOD/Digital. Then select the tab says Download History. The e-books that you purchased below the Download History tab. You can then right-click and save the files to your computer to read there or to move on to your e-reader. Your e-books will always be available to you through your TLA Account.
I can’t download directly to my e-reader from you guys. If I download my e-book to my PC, how do I get it to my Kindle, Nook or other e-reader?
Our e-books are designed to be read directly on your PC, or on the e-reader of your choice. If you choose to use an e-reader like a Kindle, Nook, iPad, etc., you will need to download your purchased e-book file to your mobile device or PC first, and then transfer it to your e-reader.
After completing checkout on our website, you will receive an order confirmation with the link to download your e-book to your computer - just right-click and "Save as...". Once the download is complete, you can open your e-book on your computer using e-book reader software, such as Adobe Digital Editions, or you can copy the e-book file to your attached reader - just follow the simple instructions below:
- 1. Connect you e-reader to your computer with the USB cord.
- 2. Once you've connected your e-reader to your computer, it will appear in the same location as external USB drives usually appear. For Windows users, this is typically in the "Computer" or "My Computer" menu. For Mac users, the drive will appear on the desktop.
- 3. Open the e-reader drive. You will see several folders inside, one of which will be named "documents." This is the folder you will move the e-book into.
- 4. Locate the downloaded file, and copy it into the documents folder. You can generally copy files by clicking and dragging the file to the folder.
Why can't I access all of the e-books in my account from my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?Back To Top
At this time you can only access books that are available in ePub format using iBooks.
Can I print and copy my e-books?Back To Top
Only PDF e-books enable printing. In addition, some e-books have security settings that may prevent printing and copying. These are set by the publisher and vary from book to book.
I'm an Author or Publisher, how can I make my book available on TLAGay.com?Back To Top
Click here and our Content Manager will respond.
How do I get help if I get a problem?Back To Top
You can contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-TLA-DVDS (852-3837) during regular customer service hours (10am – 10pm Mon thru Fri, 12pm – 8pm Sat), or fill out the form below.
You can also send us feedback