- URETHRAL SOUNDING: The TLA RAW Guide!
So, you're interested in sounding. Yikes!
Urethral play or (as it's commonly known, sounding) involves the insertion of objects into the penis by way of the urethra (aka the pee-hole). This often involves using gradually larger and larger insertable tools (known as, you guessed it: sounds) into the dickhole, and often stretching it. On occasion, sounding also involves inserting tools directly into the bladder, which...well, as we said: YIKES.
All jokes aside, urethral sounding is found to be a pleasurable (although sometimes painful) act that's becoming more and more popular among the BDSM and medical kink communities. If you're going to try it (which we obviously suggest), please, for your own sake, follow these safety guidelines:
- Stay sober. Don't get drunk or use any drugs to deaded sensations. Injecting lydocaine or any other topical anesthetic into the shaft is dangerous and won’t allow you to tell your limits (especially if your goal is to stretch out your urethra). And, really, if you're trying not to feel it, maybe this isn't something you want to be doing?
- Use water-based sterile lube. Lubes that contain nonoxynol-9 or any flavored lubes will irritate the urethra, and that's going to fucking hurt. Same goes for oil based lubes, as they're difficult to expel after you're finished. Play it safe - use a medical grade lube.
- Don't force it. Go slow, gravity is your friend. Easy one, right?
- Be careful not to let go of the sound when it’s inserted. Once the sound is inserted more than 4 inches, the sound will usually rotate slightly and pull the rest of the sound down. Should the sound be totally inserted into the urethra and you lose grip, don’t panic and relax – the sound will come out naturally.
- Make sure everything you're using is clean and (whenever possible) sterile. Remember, this is going inside your body, and it's going to be coming into contact with some tissue that very rarely meets anything from the outside world. You really, really don't want an infection in your penis (trust us on this). Thing brings us to our next point...
- If you find yourself with an infection, seek help immediately. Infections can happen, even under hospital conditions. If something doesn't feel right, waiting is not going to be a good move.
- Knowledge is your friend. As with any sexual act, you should know what you're getting into. Read up on sounding and visit BDSM blogs to learn more about safe sounding practices.
Okay. You should be in good shape now. Commence cramming things up your dickhole!